Saturday, October 18, 2008

crazy time of the semester!

well, again I have not dropped off the radar just been extremely busy with school and getting my life back on track. =) I know I am getting ready to write a lot so bear with me. I am back to being me and my headaches seem to be improving some as well because I just successfully went through my first week without having my 2 day migraines that have been coming once a week for the past 2-5 months!!! So thank God, no migraine this week and hopefully the next weeks to come for a long time. With my rewarding week came a new friend from my English class, one whom I think I was looking for out at LCC. A funny person to be able to laugh with and just overall brighten my day, just what I was praying for in fact. So the week had 2 days devoted to fall break where students were able to study for midterms if they pleased or just take a break from it all.

Even though I did do some hw in the even of my super long weekend as I though of it, I took the time to chill and enjoy the time I had off. I also am getting into what I have wanted to for a long time, a reading schedule and am loving it. So far I have read 2 books in a matter of one week one of which I have read before. Now I am moving on to higher books such as John Grisham or Tom Clancey whom I have never read. I read most of a John Grisham novel a couple of years ago and enjoyed it so I thought I'd get back into them. As for the others I'd figure we had them here at home so I'd read them first then move to Grisham after.

School is still going well and I am having a reality check this weekend and reminding myself that every things going to be fine and that I will get done in due time and to just enjoy it while I can. Plus not to say I don't think I am enjoying it anymore etc but to feel joy in learning. So, I have 2 midterms on Monday which I have only 2 classes anyways so piece of cake, then only 1 more after that and it is a take home which will be nice.

Church life is still blooming at the seams. I am now the head of the nursery part of Mission Friends on Wednesday nights, I am doing Team Kid on Sunday nights every so many months for a month, and am active in nursery on Sunday mornings. We have also started doing Chimes which Tori and I along with several others have been involved with and our first performance in church is this Sunday! Or tomorrow which ever. All in all it is great, choir and everything else is still going great.

I will write more later in the upcoming week if I can this is just updates on everything. I am busy having fun staying with my hw which can be a challenge at times with my headaches but like I said, I am confident that they are getting better. I also thought it'd be nice if I shared a daily or weekly bible verse with you all that God has impressed me to share. It seems to be easier to make it weekly but we'll see.

I love you all and hope this finds you in good health! =)
Hillary

No comments: